You don’t have to be perfect to change a life forever — you just have to be able to love.
Please consider completing these pre-service training hours at the Maryhurst campus. Completing the program qualifies you to become a Foster Parent to one of the ~8,500 kids in Kentucky living in impermanence after being removed from their families.
For more information, contact Karen Henderson, 502-499-1570 x.625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants are required by state regulation to successfully complete 36 hours of pre-service training to become certified as Foster Parents. Requirements include satisfactory attendance, completed homework assignments and the ability to demonstrate the skills learned during training. The training will primarily focus on the following subjects:
- Effective Communication
- Special needs of children
- Working with a team
- Common diagnoses
Requirements for Certification as a Foster Home:
- Completion of 36 hours of pre-service training classes
- Provide information regarding family background and suitability of living environment
- Criminal and Abuse/Neglect background checks
- Meet all qualifications for state licensure as a therapeutic foster parent
- Completion of a Home study
Treatment foster parents must meet the following qualifications:
- 21 years of age or older
- Single or married
- Financially stable
- Physically healthy enough to care for an active young person
- Provide credible, positive references
- No history of abusing or neglecting children or adults
- Have room in your heart and your home for a child or sibling group