The MB Care Program, located on Uspiritus’ Brooklawn campus in Louisville, is a joint venture between Maryhurst, Inc. and Uspiritus, Inc. The program consists of two cottages that provide psychiatric residential treatment within a home-like setting for adolescent girls ages 12-18. The goal is to prepare youth to successfully return to their community.
- Gender: Female
- Ages: 12 -18 years
- Assessed as having developmental delays
- Moderately to severely emotionally disabled
- Able to participate in own self-care
- Not actively suicidal/homicidal at time of admission
- Not in need of medical detoxification
The MB Care Program provides a highly structured environment with intense staff supervision and therapeutic treatment designed to teach skills needed to overcome emotional and behavioral challenges. Children learn how to build and maintain healthy relationships with others. The program is built on the team approach and includes group (milieu) therapy, clinical services, educational services, medical services and activities.
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Life skills and social skills training
- Substance abuse assessment and services in accordance with the Seven Challenges® treatment model
- Mentor-mentee relationship with youth counselors
- Physical and recreational activities
The educational needs of the children in the MB Care Program are served through the on-campus Brooklawn School in partnership with Jefferson County Public Schools. An Educational Program Manager and youth care workers coordinate services between treatment and academic team members.
Paula Garner, Executive Director
Angel Todd, Residential Director
Jennifer Laster, Admissions Coordinator
Jenny Van Meter, Admissions Coordinator